March 10-12 & March 17-19
APPLICATIONS now open. DEADLINE January 6, 2017
$25 application fee.
DivaFest is a juried playwrighting festival sponsored by the IndyFringe each year.
Nationally, only 19% of published contemporary plays have been written by women. We are seeking to change that.
Over the past seven years, DivaFest has fostered the growth of new works, new audiences, new performing companies, and new fringe festival shows.
· We are now using an automated submission process. Please submit one copy of application form and completed script (shows must be 80% scripted) by clicking on the button below.
· Shows cannot have had full productions in Indianapolis in the previous six months.
· Scripts no longer than 45-60 minutes. Submit entries electronically via email, attachment or hard copy to IndyFringe.
Scripts will be read in order they are received and once accepted, performance and rehearsal dates will be allocated. (Scripts longer than 60 pages will not be considered.)
- Single Set. While playwrights should include scenic notes and directions in the script, the actual performance will need to be minimalistic. Use of movable cubes and set pieces to indicate set changes acceptable.
- Comedy/ cabaret, tragedy; /tragic comedy/monologue/ one or multiple-person play
- Half-hour turn around for tear down and set up between performances.
- Performances will take place at The IndyFringe Theatre or the Indy Eleven Theatre, 719 E. St. Clair Street, unless otherwise notified.
· Submission DEADLINE January 6, 2017
- Performance space for each play to be performed three (3) times over two weekends (Friday – Sunday). The times and days vary.
Julie Lyn Barber's "Madwomen's Late Nite Cabaret" premiered in DivaFest and went on to the Indy and Montreal fringes.
Tiffanie Bridges was inspired by her 2011 appearance in "The Wedding Belles" to write her first show, "Is That Your Reel Hair?" which played at the Atlanta and Indy fringes.