2 WEEKENDS/2 THEATRES
April 13/14/15 and April 20/21/22
IndyFringe Basile and Indy Eleven Theatres.
NOVEMBER 1, 2017 APPLICATIONS OPEN
JANUARY 8, 2018 DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
JANUARY 13, 2018 PLAYWRIGHTS WORKSHOP
FEBRUARY 17, 2018 INFORMATION MEETING
$50 application fee.
DivaFest is a juried playwrighting festival sponsored by IndyFringe each year.
Nationally, only 19% of published contemporary plays have been written by women. We are seeking to change that.
Over the past seven years, DivaFest has fostered the growth of new works, new audiences, new performing companies, and new fringe festival shows.
· We are now using an automated submission process. Please submit one copy of application form and completed script (shows must be 80% scripted) by clicking on the button below.
· Shows cannot have had full productions in Indianapolis in the previous six months.
· Scripts no longer than 45-60 minutes. Submit entries electronically via email, attachment or hard copy to IndyFringe.
Scripts will be read in order they are received and once accepted, performance and rehearsal dates will be allocated. (Scripts longer than 60 pages will not be considered.)
- Single Set. While playwrights should include scenic notes and directions in the script, the actual performance will need to be minimalistic. Use of movable cubes and set pieces to indicate set changes acceptable.
- Comedy/ cabaret, tragedy; /tragic comedy/monologue/ one or multiple-person play
- Half-hour turn around for tear down and set up between performances.
- Performances will take place at The IndyFringe Theatre or the Indy Eleven Theatre, 719 E. St. Clair Street, unless otherwise notified.
· Submission DEADLINE January 8, 2018
- Performance space for each play to be performed three (3) times over two weekends (Friday – Sunday). The times and days vary.